In the March Fiduciary Matters column for Money Marketing, Mthokozisi Bhengu, FISA member and Gauteng Provincial Manager at Standard Executors & Trustees, a subsidiary of Standard Bank Group, wrote on customary marrriage. Fiduciary Matters 31 March 2013
Tag Archives | customary marriage
The below SCA judgement deals with failure by a husband to enter into a contract in terms of section 7(6) of the recognition of Customary Marriages Act 120 of 1998. This does not render the subsequent customary marriage invalid – it would be out of community of property. Ngwenyama v Mayelane wedding after customary wedding [...]
The SCA recently ruled on the validity of civil marriages concluded subsequent to a customary marriage in the matter of Nekshituka vs Nekshituka. Read the judgment (pdf) and a practice note copied and pasted below the judgement. SCA judgement Netshituka Practice Note 67 VALIDITY OF CIVIL MARRIAGES CONCLUDED SUBSEQUENT TO THE ENTERING OF A CUSTOMARY [...]
- How does the Guardians Fund operate? March 4, 2010
- Junior Trust Specialist: FNB Trust Services August 24, 2012
- Recruitment of a Private Client Administrator (Wills) – Cape Town July 23, 2012
- Standard Bank – Estates Manager (Cape Town) December 6, 2012
- Press release: FISA comments on the Guardian’s Fund October 11, 2010
- Press Release – FPSA® status becoming the professional differentiator in the fiduciary industry May 17, 2013
- News: without prejudice: Appointment of Adv Khaya Thango May 16, 2013
- Press release: Adv Khaya Thango appointed Deputy Chairperson of FISA May 15, 2013
- Court case: Motsepe vs Khoza – Customary marriage and child May 8, 2013
- FPSA® examination November 2013 – register now May 7, 2013
- Aaron: Good morning Sonja. To administer an estate belo...
- Sonja de Witt: Hi, please be so kind as to assist me What is the...
- thandi: Hi there my name is thandi,I have been getting cal...
- Aaron: Good morning Linda. I would suggest that you conta...
- Linda: 22Oct 2012 - Good afternoon, Please can you help m...