We have just published the 3rd edition of our newsletter, FISA Focus! This edition contains interesting articles on Compliance, FATCA, Cross-Border Tax, Wills drafting, our recent AGM, our 2 new council members and other interesting news.
Chris Murphy writes this month’s Fiduciary Matters column for Money Marketing. Chris is FISA Regional Councillor for the Western Cape and Director of Legacy Fiduciary Services and Estate Planners. Money Marketing 30 April 2014
Journalist Letitia Watson writes about cash in your estate for You/Huisgenoot. You magazine 10 April 2014 Huisgenoot 10 April 2014
Nico van Gijsen skryf oor polisse in boedelbeplanning. Nico is ‘n lid van FISA en besturende direkteur van Finlac. Landbouweekblad 11 April 2014
Please read the below court case delivered by the SCA on 1 April in the matter of Murabi vs Murabi. It deals with a civil marriage declared void as the man was a partner in a subsisting customary union with a third party. Murabi v Murabi
Please read the below decision delivered by the SCA on 28 March 2014, summarised as follows: A grandchild is not disqualified from inheritance as a result of the fact that one or both of the grandchild’s parents predeceased his or her grandparents – in the absence of clear indications to the contrary in a will, […]
The below article in The Financial Planner, on usufructs, was written by Dr Eben Nel , FISA Regional Councillor for the Eastern Cape, Advocate of the High Court and Fiduciary Advisor at PSG Trust, Port Elizabeth. The Financial Planner p1 The Financial Planner p2
- FISA Focus Newsletter – Edition 3 April 16, 2014
- Money Marketing: 30 April 2014: Let liquidity, knowledge and simplicity be your legacy April 10, 2014
- You/Huisgenoot 11 April 2014 April 7, 2014
- Landbouweekblad: 11 April 2014 April 7, 2014
- Court case: Murabi vs Murabi April 7, 2014
- How does the Guardians Fund operate? March 4, 2010
- Press release: FISA comments on the Guardian’s Fund October 11, 2010
- FISA Exam – 19th November 2012 September 19, 2012
- Nuus: Sake24 (Rapport) 5 September 2010 September 6, 2010
- Sunday Times Money: Reader’s query: 18 September 2011 September 19, 2011
- Franscois van Gijsen: In general, I too prefer the trust to one of the l...
- David Knott: A very comprehensive article, Trinette. I agree th...
- David Knott: Agree wholeheartedly with Eben. There are very few...
- thandi: Hi there my name is thandi,I have been getting cal...
- Aaron: Good morning Linda. I would suggest that you conta...